Click to return to Our Local Economy
'Our Local Economy' Issues:
- Maintaining Local Business – How do we maintain businesses that provide goods and services to residents?
- Creative Placemaking – Promoting the arts, including art in public spaces, create interesting places to be.
- Sustainable Tourism – Visitor engaging in sustainable tourism respect the cultural, historic, and natural assets of a place.
- Sustainable Business Practices – Encouraging businesses to adopt greener businesses practices (and supporting those that do) can help meet sustainability goals.
- Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture – Local agriculture is an opportunity to provide healthy foods to residents on the island. Sustainable and organic agricultural practices limit pollutants and are less stressful to resources.