'Our Local Economy' Issues:
- Maintaining Local Business – Many residents will travel off-island to purchase basic needs. How do we maintain businesses that provide goods and services to residents?
- Creative Placemaking – Promoting the arts, including art in public spaces, creates interesting places to visit and explore.
- Sustainable Tourism – Visitors engaging in sustainable tourism respect the cultural, historic, and natural assets of a place.
- Sustainable Business Practices – Encouraging businesses to adopt greener business practices (and supporting those that do) can help meet town-wide sustainability goals.
- Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture – Local agriculture and aquaculture are opportunities to provide healthy foods to residents on the island as well as support food growers and producers in Jamestown and surrounding communities. Sustainable and organic agricultural practices limit pollutants and are less stressful to resources.