Click to return to Our Resources
'Our Resources' Issues:
- Energy Use – The Town can find ways to improve energy efficiency in municipal facilities and operations, and also increase its use of renewable energy.
- Environmental Resources – The quality of the island’s natural environment is one of the primary reasons people live in and visit Jamestown. Our actions impact the health of water, air, and soil. We can encourage choosing more environmentally-friendly products and engaging in practices that put fewer pollutants into the environment and lesser stress on natural resources.
- Solid Waste – Producing less waste provides multiple benefits to the Town and the community at large (municipal costs to bring waste to the landfill, less being put in the landfill). Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- Green Construction – New construction and renovations can occur in ways that produce less waste and create more environmentally-friendly buildings. We should encourage developers and the construction industry to use greener practices
- Narragansett Bay and Our Coastline - The Bay is an important environmental, economic, and cultural resource. Use of the Bay and land uses along the coast can have impacts on water quality. The coastline is also where we see and experience the impacts of climate change and sea level rise most dramatically.